Monday 5 November 2007

bonfire night!!

“November the 5th has come and gone (almost)
And thoughts if it still linger
I held a rocket in me hand
Has anyone seen me finger “

(Ye Olde rhyme for Bonfire night!!)

Yes folks it is that time of year again, when we celebrate that 17th century terrorist of sorts called Guy Fawkes.

Mind you he may have been caught, but he escaped the punishment really, by jumping and breaking his neck before being drawn (not by artist) and quartered!!

What happened to kids going round doing the “penny for the guy “this happens rarely now, and when you do see it, you think they are scamming you!! What a cynical society we live in!!

So if you have a spare firework, let it off on Guy’s Behalf eh!!

3 comments:

Stephen Baker said...

Don't encourage them to let off more fireworks, I've had enough of them this weekend.

Lotus (Sarcastic Mom) said...

You guys are weird.

I just like lighting things on fire for no reason at all....

Veronica Foale said...

This sucks! I don't get free chocolate for Halloween or to light things on fire!

*sighs*