Thursday 8 November 2007

serious.... for a moment

Ok this is a serious blog right here…

I have been accused of being a “pint half empty” kinda guy this week and not looking “on the bright side” (is that enough “” for a sentence??)

So here I reckon is the proof that perhaps I should change to the “half full” view...

Last night I was stuck in traffic.
I do not like traffic
It is a curse of not working local.
Anyhoo….

3 police cars, 3 ambulances, and 2 fire engines screamed past,
Not a good sign

And of course there had been an accident on the road ahead,
I reckon travelling at my average (and the other traffic average speed of 70 mph) I probably missed the smash by a couple of minutes.

When we finally got to the scene, the fire crews were trying to pull people out of the 4x4 now on the embankment.

I got in and Darcy gave me the biggest smile and laugh ever….

I hope the driver of the 4x4 managed to get home and get that kind of response from his / her kids.

I guess I need to lighten up a little sometimes, and be more appreciative of how lucky I am.

That shook me last night.

2 comments:

Stephen Baker said...

When I miss accidents by a couple of minutes, I always think about 10 minutes ago I was complaining about being held by someone at a junction, but if it wasn't for them I could have been in the accident.

Although I was one of the ones who told you to look on the bright side, I'm more of a pint glass completely empty.

Veronica Foale said...

I hope that the person got home okay to their kids as well.