Thursday 17 July 2008

Depeche mode and babies

If i like a song, 9.99999 times out of 10 times I like it because of the tune, not the lyrics, that comes afterwards, and because the words are personal to the songwriter, it is hard to take a personal meaning on board for a song...



I have not been a great Depeche Mode fan, I always liked "Enjoy the Silence " though, and recently i bought the singles cd for £2 ( bargain ) if only for the above song !!!

Well the song above 's chorus is

" all i ever wanted"
" all i ever needed"
" Is here in my arms "
" words are very unnecessary"
" they can only do harm "

This is the feeling I have each nite, as I manage to get my daughter to go to sleep in my arms, with some milk, cos she is a very light sleeper, any slight noise will wake her !!

sometimes words just jump up and slap you in the face Eh?? !!

1 comment:

Stephen Baker said...

How long have I been telling you about song lyrics?