Monday 7 July 2008

Peeling back the layers

Sometimes it is hard to get to what really matters, we get bogged down in life's crap. and do not appreciate the simple things that much !
i get caught up too easily in the daily stress of life, and do not take the time to think about 1) how lucky I am 2) and also that life sometimes life isn't that bad, yes we all strive for something better, but sometimes what we have is pretty damn good ! we just have to open our eyes to see it.
My parents came down this weekend, I do not get to see them very often, and it was a great weekend, Darcy played with them all weekend and by the end of it she was even saying "pops" to my dad !! Plus he loved the fact that he could feed her, and she would also sit and listen whilst he read her books !!

i have had too much stress lately, over work, Darcy , my own health, money, etc etc etc the list grows, my mother told me this weekend, that her stress suddenly vanished when she turned 40, and that her father was the same ( Great only another 7 yrs to go then !!!)
Getting rid of the stress is the tricky bit ! how I will do this i am still learning, but it is something that has to be done, it is like, opening the blinds, or throwing off the covers, realising that things are not that bad, focus on the good, and get on with it !!
It is on going !

No comments: